April 29, 2020
After nearly two months of navigating the COVID era, we’re seeing prominent trends emerge in our search work that are not only reshaping the recruiting landscape in the near-term, but most assuredly in the longer-term. With that in mind, we will continue to share the themes and best practices we anticipate will persist—across company stages, industries and geographies—for months and likely years to come.
- We continue to close searches across all functions and geographies without any face-to-face meetings. We believe this trend will continue. In the event of relocation, companies are updating offer letters to state an estimated, or expected, relocation date.
- The roles that are active in the market are business-critical. The hiring organization likely has a strong business model, healthy financials and the role we’re hiring for has been deemed essential.
- In the event the hiring company has deemed a face-to-face meeting essential, we’re encouraging candidates and clients to use the lag time to get to know each other virtually. Both parties should expect to invest more time in virtual relationship-building.
- For companies that are hiring without face-to-face meetings, a virtual onboarding plan is a must. Candidates are keen to get started sooner rather than later.
- Candidates’ situations are changing quickly. As such, the opportunity to engage with individuals that were not interested four, or even two, weeks ago is now possible. This shift is further deepening the pool of hard-to-get, highly sought after candidates.
- While some companies are working on ways to get their employees back to the office, others are predicting a much longer ‘work from home’ period. In either instance, business will continue as normal and hiring will continue as normal.
We recently published three highly relevant, timely articles:
As communication and connection remain more critical than ever, we will continue to gather and share relevant insights and updates in real-time. And if SPMB can be a resource to your organization, please get in touch at https://spmb.com/contact/